How can I get my carrier-calculated shipping API?
Check the below video tutorial to know how to get CCS API from Shopify.
Check the below video tutorial to know how to add Shipeasy as your rate calculator.
What is Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) API?
The Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) API is a mandatory feature for any third-party shipping rates app as the API acts as a bridge between the shipping rates provider app and Shopify.
Without the CCS API the shipping rates will not be provided by the shipping rate provider app to Shopify at the checkout.
To get CCS API, your store should be on an Advanced plan or higher plans.
You can also get CCS API on the “Shopify” plan if you pay $20 per month additionally for the Carrier Calculated Service API feature. If you choose the Shopify plan with an annual subscription, it is free.
To get access to the CCS API, switch to the paid plan if you haven't already.
The CCS API is a feature required by Shopify and Shipeasy doesn’t benefit from it in any way.
How to check whether CCS API is activated or not?
If you have a paid plan and you are not aware whether CCS API is activated or not in your store, follow the below steps to check it.
1. Go to the “Shipping and Delivery” tab in Shopify settings and click on General shipping rates.
2. Click on “Shipping zones”>> “Add Shipping Rates”>> “Use Carrier or App to calculate rates.”
3. If you can see Shipeasy there, then the CCS API is already activated for your store.
Click on "done" and then save the settings to start using your Shopify store with the Shipeasy rate provider.
4. If the API is not enabled, you will get an error message saying, “There are no carriers or apps available for this zone”.
How to get CCS API using Shopify support
If CCS haven't been activated already, you can get the CCS API, by contacting the Shopify support.
1. Click here to visit Shopify help support page.
2. Login with your account. (Should be a store owner account)
3. In the virtual support, ask for live agent support.
4. The chat will prompt you to select a store. Pick a store, in which you need the CCS API.
5. Once a support agent is available, ask him/her that you are in need of CCS API for your store. If you are in the “Advanced” plan, the CCS API will be automatically activated. If not, ask the support assistant to activate it. For example,
“I have been using Shopify's advanced plan, but the Carrier Calculated Service API is not available. Could you enable it on my account? Then, only I can use Shipeasy.”
And for Shopify plan, use the below prompt,
"Could you add the Carrier Service API to my “Shopify” plan for $20/month so that I can use Shipeasy’s features?"
6. The support advisor will handle the rest and will activate the API in minutes.
Now, you can use any shipping app in your store to calculate the accurate shipping rates.
How to Set up carrier-calculated shipping rates?
Once you get CCS API activated, you can now set up your shipping rates calculated by Shipping rates-Shipeasy and can display them to your customers at checkout.
To do so,
1. Go to Settings > Shipping and delivery from your Shopify admin page.
2. In the Shipping section, select the shipping profile in which you want to add carrier-calculated rates to.
3. Next to the zone where you want to add a rate, click Add rate.
4. Select Use carrier or app to calculate rates.
5. In the drop-down menu, choose Shipping Rates- Shipeasy
6. Click Done, and then click Save.
Reasons for CCS API not working
There are chances that the Carrier Calculated Shipping API can get deactivated for the following reasons.
· If you downgrade from an advanced to a basic plan.
· If you haven’t renewed your subscription.
· When your store has moved from a development plan to a paid plan.
In such times, Shipeasy can’t provide rates at the checkout and you need to contact Shopify support to get the CCS API.